Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fires


We almost had to evacuate last week from the La Canada fires. I heard that it was the
#3 story on the news all around the country. Whenever people ask where I live, I say the
Pasadena area because no one has ever heard of La Canada. Well, I guess they have now...
Here is a picture of my friends' house. I live about 1-2 miles away from here. Houses were
evacuated 2 blocks above me.
52 homes have been lost so far, 2 firefighters have died (one's wife is 8.5 mos. preg), over
140,000 acres have burned. I guess this is one sacrifice you make if you want to live in sunny
southern CA: to deal with fires and earthquakes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Haley! Stay safe! You probably do that as second nature, since it seems very dangerous to live in tSoCal, but still! Miss you and Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is scary to see it up close and personal, keep yourselves safe and hope they die out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're all okay...I forgot to tell you that I think Emma called me the other day: I had a missed call from you and when I went to listen to the message it was Emma talking! So cute! We need to catch up sometime :)

    ReplyDelete