Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Colors

I have two ideas in mind to write about tonight. I don't mean to dwell on the spiritual stuff a lot, but there are just so many things along those lines that I have been thinking about lately. Last night at FHE, the spiritual thought was about how we can be close to Heavenly Father. When asked for any comments, one of my friends mentioned how he had had a hard moment(s) on his mission and he felt that the only person that he could turn to was Heavenly Father and he said that he has been able to carry that feeling of closeness with Him since his mission. (I think he's maybe 31 or 32 now? hopefully he doesn't ever read this....b/c I probably got his age wrong). I think that even if we don't have great turning points in our lives where we feel His closeness, we can learn it through other ways. I know that what my friend was saying is true because I could feel the Spirit so strongly and it was as if I had no peripheral vision for a minute. All I could see was him and hear the truth that he was speaking. I felt so blessed to be in the room at that moment.

On another note, I started reading a book and this quote caught my attention: "People observe the colors of a day only at its beginnings and ends, but to me it's quite clear that a day merges through a multitude of shades and intonations, with each passing moment. A single hour can consist of thousands of different colors. Waxy yellows, cloud-spat blues. Murky darknesses." How interesting that we always talk about sunrises and sunsets, but what about the "in-betweens." The "in-betweens" make up the sunrises and sunsets, don't you think? There could be no sunrise or sunset without that in-between. All the small things make up the great things.

p.s. prize for anyone who guesses the book of the quote

No comments:

Post a Comment