Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm running for senior secretary

So apparently I'm 17 again and running for Senior Secretary at La Canada High School. Who thought that I would be back in high school at age 27? Not me, that's for sure. But here I am. And oh how much fun I am having!! So the elections are on Friday and I made at least 500 posters to plaster all over the school so people would know exactly who to vote for. (side note: I don't like putting prepositions at the end of sentences, ie the previous sentence, but so be it for now...) Oh and since I don't like people seeing me put up my posters during the daytime at school, I like to run around the school at 10:30 at night, taping up my hot green, pink, and yellow flyers. You can tell I know how to be safe - trust me, the janitors were around, so everything was cool. I'm a little concerned for my competition, Haley Herkert (but I do love her first name) because she is pretty popular, even though popularity has nothing to do with the contest.  (I got all of my choir's votes and that's like 60 people. I even did a facebook group and invited - like - 2,000 people, so seriously, I shouldn't be worried.) I just don't think that she can pull it off like I can, though. Her posters are, like, pretty cute, but I would never admit that to her. (Besides, chocolate makes you fat and gives you lots of pimples - gross!)  She probably didn't spend as much time as I did on my posters, though. I stayed up late into the night, perfecting my posters with my originality, including pretzels, suns, and twirly cues. I have created a pseudonym for myself under the name "Leah Wetzel," as you will note in the pictures below. I even found a girl by that name to represent me so I won't have to make a speech or anything. Speeches are for lame people and I am certainly NOT a lame person. So...if you happen to be around on Friday and feel like walking around LCHS, stop in and vote for me. Remember: Don't get your vote knotted up in a pretzel; for senior secretary, vote Leah Wetzel!

(I posted some other people's posters just to show you how lame theirs are compared to mine. Come on - you have to admit that mine are totally epic!)


Here's the Leah Wetzel that I found to represent me and my posters:

Here's the competition: The Hershey's thing is kind of creative,
but not like Wetzel's Pretzels

              Yeah - this one's just weird

No comments:

Post a Comment