Monday, May 10, 2010

Missionary Work

A family of 5 was recently baptized in the La Canada first ward and I am SO excited for them! It is so neat to see the Spirit surrounding them and the light of Christ within them. Sometimes I get jealous when people convert to our Church because I think it would neat to be a convert. I feel like I have mostly taken the Church for granted my whole life and I wonder if I would view things in a different light if I was a convert. However, when I stop and really think about this, I cannot begin to acknowledge my thankfulness for being a member my whole life. I wish that everyone could be raised in the gospel, but am so thankful for missionary work so people can convert and raise their posterity in the gospel. It is so easy to see all of the imperfections of the members in our Church, and get caught up in this, but it is good to remember that even though we are imperfect in the Gospel, the Gospel is perfect and our Savior is perfect. Sometimes I think that it is so hard to become perfect (it sounds a little stressful), but then I try and remember that we have our whole lives to continually attempt to perfect ourselves and become more like Christ. What if we pick one thing each week or month in which we could become perfect, such as saying our prayers every day or reading scriptures every day? We all can be perfect in doing these small things; how fun to have perfect habits! :)


Pictures below of the baptism of the Pererra family. (Emma loves Kayla (7), the youngest):




No comments:

Post a Comment