Monday, May 10, 2010

"Put the nail in the coffin tonight"

Here we go. 3-0. I like to put a status on my Facebook profile sometimes about the Lakers. Nothing that trashes the other teams they are playing, ie the Jazz (currently). I just like to show my loyalty for my Los Angeles Lakers. However, whenever I post a status about the Lakers, I tend to get a lot of negative response. One person was even going to "defriend" me on Facebook until the playoffs are over. I don't get it - why are people such Laker haters? And Kobe haters? Yes, I understand that Kobe chose to make some immoral decisions within the past decade, but other Lakers have not proven upstanding either, ie Ron Artest (think of his year-long rejection when he was on the Pacers) or Magic Johnson's personal relationships that were scrutinized by the media. If one feels that one must be a "Kobe hater," then one must point out all of the other immoral errors committed by the team as well. It is not fair to one player to hate him over the others. Yes - I do not condone Kobe's past, gross mistakes at all. I simply separate his personal life from his athleticism. And many of you also think that Kobe is a self-centered player. I will admit that he has been in the past, but has vastly improved. Aren't all of us trying to improve? Haven't we all made mistakes, in our lifetime and moved on?
Anyways, I didn't mean to start off on a tangent about Kobe Bryant. I admire him for his quickness, ball handling skills, and fade-away jumpers. He is currently #5 in the all-time top scorers in NBA history.

We all know that the Lakers are going to sweep the series tonight in Salt Lake City in game 4. No team has ever come back from being down 3-0 to win a series. I don't think this will change tonight.

On another note, why were all the Jazz fans booing Fisher? We all know that Fisher is on the verge of retirement, but he had several clutch shots in game 3 to give the Lakers a win 111-110. We also all know that Fisher only played on the Jazz for one year, but had to leave in order to take care of his daughter, but apparently the Jazz fans had forgotten that fact. "The anger that spewed down from the scowling Utah Jazz fans in steamy EnergySolutions Arena here Saturday wasn't new. They haven't liked Fisher here since he left in 2007, granted his release to better care for his young daughter suffering from eye cancer, arousing suspicion that he simply wanted to return to the Lakers." Apparently, this incessant chanting and booing of Fisher caused him to score 20+ points in game 3. Perhaps people should boo Fisher wherever he plays. haha. Fisher had an interesting retort: "I would venture to guess that if I was a construction worker...who requested a transfer to another department for the betterment of his family, I would be commended for it. But because it's sports, there's just so much passion added to it." (Los Angeles Times, C1, C7)

Wrap up the series, Lakers. (note the sweet picture below)


No comments:

Post a Comment