Monday, May 10, 2010

Wild cell phone story

You know how we're always saying those prayers to find our keys and we end up finding them in the fridge or the trash? Well, I don't usually have the problem - haha. (knock on wood) For me, it's the problem of finding my cell phone. They (whoever the cell phone inventors are) need to make a "clicker" so that the phone beeps when you're searching for it; you know, like clickers for cars? Anyways, I took Emma outside to the car on Saturday at 10:40 a.m., thought I would be smart by putting my phone on the roof of the car so she could not take it and throw it on the ground, and strapped her in. Funny story: I got into the car without remembering there was a phone on the roof of my car. So I drove away, got to the gas station, realized that my phone was missing, could not exactly remember if I had left it on the roof of the car (I could imagine myself putting it there, but couldn't remember if I actually had) or if I had left it in the house. I took a couple to the Burbank airport, then came home to search around for the 6 week old cell phone. (p.s. I love the keyboard on my phone!) I run some errands, hoping that it will just show up, talk to my dad and stress about it - he tells me to be patient and look around. He said, "Sometimes I leave my phone lying on the laundry shelf and then find it the next day - the same might happen to you." Ok - so I look in the laundry room and find no phone. Since the internet is down at my house (at this point, I am completely disconnected with the outside world and the land line doesn't count because I don't have my contact numbers from my cell phone memorized, so there's no point in using the land line. Later that afternoon, I am frantically typing emails to the people who are at the top of my call log, hoping that they will get a call from a stranger, telling them that they have a phone and they are intent on returning it. Well - one of them did receive a call and he gave the mysterious cell phone holder my address and they told him they were returning it. (Apparently the phone had flown off the top of my car and someone had seen it from his/her car and pieced it back together). I never heard from anyone that night. My dad receives a call on his cell phone the next morning from a couple up the street. They tell him that they have his daughter's phone (b/c he shows up as "dad" in my contact list) and he and I go up there to get it. Wild story: They had found it that morning at the back of their driveway. I thought, there's no way the phone could have flown all the way back there from the street from the roof of the car. I don't think it had because I had no driven up that far when I had orginally left when the phone on the top of the car. I said, "You called out on my phone yesterday, right?" They said, "No, the phone is not in service...The only logical conclusion that I can come to is: The people who originally picked up my cell phone off the ground after it fell off the car drove to the address 5111 instead of my address of 5011 and threw it in the driveway....

All of this is a blessing in disguise because I am having a new phone sent to me for free and if my cell phone had not shown up, I would have had to get a new one for $200. Very disheartening!

I think I said at least 46 prayers over that 24 hour period.... :)

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a story. Glad that there is a happy ending!!! I actually left mine up at Deer Valley last summer, and worried so much over it. Luckily, someone picked it up, called me, and returned it. Now I have a hook on it, that attaches to belt loops! Congrats on getting yours back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found it! What a story!!!

    ReplyDelete