Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blueberry muffins and In-n-Out

For those of you who are Laker haters and decided to delete my blog off your blog list altogether, stop for a minute and read the title of this post.  You may be inclined to leave my blog link on your blog.  I know that you probably like In-n-Out and blueberry muffins.  :) 

Remember how I used to post something on my blog about ever 2-3 months?  I've decided that there are too many interesting things going on every day to wait and post.  If I do, then I forget everything that happened the past 2 weeks, so I'll try to continue to update daily.  

So if you don't live at 5011 La Canada Blvd., here is what you missed so far this week: 

1) A trip to the emergency room (I thought Ems had broken her wrist, but fortunately it was not - after 3 fun hours of waiting and x-rays.....it happens.  That's life sometimes)
2) In-n-out - it's becoming more than a weekly trip, especially since Ems discovered how amazing the fries are.  I still think the vanilla milkshakes are the best vanilla milkshakes on the planet.
3) A fun dinner at Roscoe's chicken and waffle house - I had never been there before and am not a huge fan of heaping amounts of butter on top of anything, but they were actually very good.  After that dinner, I tried to ignore the phrase, "A moment on the lips - forever on the hips"  
4) Laker wins.
5) Looking forward to more March Madness tomorrow.  You know where my party will be tomorrow afternoon.  (on my couch with Emma; you know, I have to indoctrinate her with all the good stuff while she's still so young - haha)
6) LCHS basketball banquet
7) Making blueberry muffins (see picture and recipe included below)
8) Jumping on the trampoline with 6 other kids (don't worry, it didn't break - they're all pretty skinny)
9) Watching the BNP Paribas Open (too bad Roddick lost)
10) Shooting hoops





The Berry Best Muffins

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
1 c. milk
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4-5.5 c. fresh (or frozen, but I always use fresh) blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or cranberries

If frozen, partially thaw.  Berries should be well rinsed, drained and well dusted w/flour.

Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl.  Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.  Blend thoroughly.  Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.  Alternately add flour mixture and milk to first mixture.  The batter will be very thick.  Blend well.  Fold in berries.  Grease muffin tins.  Because batter will need to expand over the rim, it is best to grease or oil muffin tins beyond rims of cups.  So that muffins will take on a mushroom shape, heap batter above rim of muffin tins.  This should produce a beautiful shape.  Sprinkle generously with sugar.

Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes of baking, turn oven temperature down to 375 and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until muffins are done in center and a rich golden brown on top.  Enjoy!

You're probably wondering what the picture below is; I found these sitting on the counter and tried them.  I didn't make them, but they're SO good!  Some sort of a rich brownie with powdered sugar on top....
Thought I should take a picture anyways....haha

    














1 comment:

  1. I love In-N-Out! It's the best. Glad Emma didn't break her wrist and I can't wait to make the blueberry muffins! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete