Sunday, March 14, 2010

Got pizza? Got peace?

I have been eating SO much pizza the last few days, but I'm still not sick of it. :) I will never get sick of cheese or pepperoni pizza, no matter where it comes from, although Costco does make good pizza. haha

I was contemplating on what to write on my blog tonight and I really wanted to write something about what I learned in church today, but nothing really stuck out in my mind. I remember the topics about thankfulness, husbands/fathers/priesthood, and a few quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" (which I want to see in 3D, btw), but I couldn't pinpoint one thing that I really felt necessary to share.

I think that we all have days when we are frustrated and part of me was feeling a little discouraged today - I could not figure out why. Perhaps it was just the adversary working on me and wanting me to feel disheartened and troubled. Then a simple thought came to mind: if you read your scriptures, your frustration will go away. Then I thought, "Oh, I read mine earlier, so I've met my quota for the day." Bad way to think about reading the scriptures - I admit it! So I started reading later today; my frustration left and my soul was filled with peace.

What a simple resolution! Then I thought about all the little instructions that we are given in our lives that will truly make us happier than when we don't follow them. I know that I will feel less frustrated if I follow the simple instructions in life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! It is so true about Motherhood. We must have the Lord's strength and perspective in order to be the kind of mother He wants us to be. What was the name of the book? And SWEET photos of you and Emma. Love them!

    ReplyDelete