Thursday, March 25, 2010

Falling in love...

I bet I know what you're thinking from the title of this post: oohh, does she have some juicy gossip to share or what fun story is she going to write about today?  haha.  It's probably not as fun as you think.  Hate to disappoint, though!  I'll attempt to make it interesting:

I recently overheard a conversation about how someone was having a hard time falling in love again and getting his head "back in the clouds."  (Apparently it was in the clouds in college, but not anymore...) Perhaps age has made him feel less romantic and more realistic.  I hope that age doesn't do that to me!  I love the term "hopeless romantic."  It conjures images up in my head of walks on the beach at sunset, San Francisco days and evenings, driving up the Pacific Coast Highway, hugs and kisses, passionate looks, Romeo & Juliet, love songs, ie KOST 103.5 (j/k!), love poems, candy hearts.....ok, you get the point.  :)

Then I started reading all of these marriage articles in the Ensign for April 2010.  (I think there's 4 of them - whoa!  Are we supposed to be paying attention to something here?  haha)  Anyways, going back to the idea of falling in love, I came across a concept in one of the articles:  "Remember that we come into this life hardwired, so to speak, to fall in love.  Don't make it harder than it is!"  Cool!  I love these two sentences because: a) It is being spoken by an apostle of God, thus divine revelation, so we really better pay attention, b) When we realize that we are meant to fall in love here on earth, doesn't that make life simpler in a way?

I think that this phrase sums it up:

"Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love." - Leo Tolstoy

p.s. Maybe someday I'll have some juicy gossip to share.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Boy, you had me going for a minute! I'll have to read the articles!

    ReplyDelete