Saturday, March 27, 2010

Duke and dunking

I had a fun conversation with a 7th grader as I was taking her to school this past week.  She and her two younger brothers (as well as her parents) are avid sports fans, including that of basketball and football.  Taryn is almost 6 feet tall (her dad is 6'4" and her mom is 5'11") and plays basketball and volleyball year round.  I was asking her how her teams are doing and if she is making more goals to play in college (as she has mentioned this to me in the past).  She said that she still really wants to play college basketball.  I said, "Taryn - can you dunk yet?"  She said, "No, but my dad told me that when I can dunk, he'll buy me a dog."  I thought to myself, Now that is the correct way to parent!  (haha)  This sounds like a conversation that I will be having with my seventh grade son(s) when the time comes.  (Please ignore the part that I love dogs and will probably have one long before my son is in seventh grade).

If you did not watch the Duke/Purdue game last night, you missed out on a lot of excitement!  Of course Duke pulled through in the end - on to the Elite Eight.  Go Blue Devils!

No comments:

Post a Comment